I am more concerned about getting to Portland from PHL, the home of the "losingest" team in professional sports (though I was pleased to find the Philadephia Airport has an ADA/Text-Only View, and Accessibility/ADA page and even an accessibility guide; you may also call 215-937-5499, or TDD# 215-937-6755, to request the "Getting Around Guide." -- cool).
I started looking at airline websites, and found a few helpful things, like
- United's quick access for customers with special needs
- Southwest's Customer Service Commitment (PDF)
- US Airways page for Special Needs and for "Disabilities" (as if you can really separate this from the person; I am sure they mean well, and mean "people with disabilities" :-)
- Delta's Special Travel Needs page
- and perhaps most importantly, the Air Carrier Access Act (another PDF); my wife also forwarded the Aviation Consumer Protection Division of the DOT site